Have you ever wanted to go on a ride-a-long with a cop? Well, here's your chance! Jump in, buckle up and hold on as I take you through the daily grind of the life of a cop.

Sunday, April 30, 2006

Chalk one up for the good guys!

Wazzup everyone? Sorry it has been awhile since my last post but as usual I’ve been really busy. Jess has been on my case (in a good way) to start posting so here goes my week………..
This was a good week for the police and a not so good week for the bad guys. We caught several thieves in the process of trying to rob people. I think we put a total of 7 criminals in jail on three different robberies. That’s a good week! Of course a lot more people went to jail but I’m just focusing on these knuckleheads.
To start things off, my crew just cleared briefing when one of our officers gets into a foot pursuit so we all go flying up there to help out. He is chasing a guy through a marshy swamp area full of trees and we can’t see him, but he says that the guy is headed back for the street. I park my car and jump out and I can here the guy crashing through the bushes right toward me and I’m like “Yes, finally. Action!” So I’m sitting right there seeing him come toward me when he sees me and turns back to run. I go crashing right through the brush after him ripping branches out of the way like a machete hacking machine but I soon realize that they are sticker bushes. But I charge on and tackle the guy as we crash into the brush. I take him down to the ground and put him into a handcuffing position as the original officer comes through the bushes to help. He looks at me and says “Hey, you’re bleeding.” Then I feel blood start pouring down my face. I decide to steal a line from the movie Predator and said “I don’t have time to bleed” and then said “I gotta get this guy cuffed”. So we get him into custody and start to walk him out and we hand him off to the other officers so we can relax and cool down. Then they see me with blood coming down my face and they’re like “Dude, you’re bleeding.” Well what happened is a thick vine of sticker bushes sliced my eye lid and the top of my head. It was fairly minor but facial injuries bleed like crazy so it looked worse than it was. But the cool ego expanding part was one officer said I looked like “a warrior during battle coming out of the bushes” with the bad guy and blood running down. I’m like “Yep, that’s me! =)
The next day we get a call that three teens just stole a purse from an old lady and I was only a few blocks away. So I come flying into the area and see people pointing in a certain direction behind the Circle K store and I’m thinking either they are having a cool carwash or it’s a clue. So I turn around and see the punks running into the Fred Meyer store. We go in after them and I see one coming out of the bathroom that refuses to stop so I chase him down. My partners find the other two thugs in the bathroom with the purse. Well my guy starts mouthing off and tries to break away from me so I introduce him to the beauty bark on the side of the building. So now I’m on top of him crushing him into the ground and he is still talking trash and threatening to sue me. I mean this kid is dropping f-bombs left and right and swearing at customers walking by. Then he starts talking trash to my sergeant so the next time he starts moving around I take the opportunity to reintroduce him back to the beauty bark. After a minute or so I let him come up for air and then I repeat this cycle until he decides to calm down. So the victim and several witnesses come pick these kids out as the bad guys and they all go to jail. It was a very good day.
And to top off the week and to prove it was a bad week for the criminals, several of our officers were at training and breaked for lunch at a local teriyaki restaurant. My sergeant is one of them and he looks out the window (we always sit so we can see out) and sees a lady walking with a bank bag in her hand. He then sees two thugs get out of a car and come up behind her and one of them puts a hood over his head and then pulls up a mask over his face. Again, we call this a clue in the police business. Well sure enough the thugs grab the bag but they didn’t count on a half dozen cops filing out of the restaurant full speed after them. And yes they were caught and went to jail. And as the week progressed so did several other bad guys. It was a fun and exciting week but now I’m ready to relax and be with my family. How was your week? =)

12 Comments:

Blogger Carpenters said...

Popo that is awesome!!

8:26 AM

 
Blogger Bryan said...

I would have to disagree with you and say that your job is a lot cooler than mine, although I recognize a lot of similarities between them: I often look like a warrior bleeding on the job (even though I don't have time to), I've introduced guys to beauty bark (we'll chalk that one up to 'faulty equipment'), and most of the guys I deal with are dropping f-bombs all day long as well (not always directed at me).

OK - so three similarities...

8:58 AM

 
Blogger The Eriksens said...

Wow, I think you should see the movie playing in my head when I read this. You should turn these into a book or something. It really shows the passion an officer has for watching over the citizens. And being a christian while doing all of it, well it just shows how human and real christians can be.

9:42 AM

 
Blogger The Eriksens said...

Wow, I think you should see the movie playing in my head when I read this. You should turn these into a book or something. It really shows the passion an officer has for watching over the citizens. And being a christian while doing all of it, well it just shows how human and real christians can be.

9:42 AM

 
Blogger Buford said...

Next time, I'm bringing popcorn.

6:17 PM

 
Blogger Carpenters said...

Bryan another similarity is that you guys eat tons of donuts!

~Justin

8:10 AM

 
Blogger Bryan said...

Mmmmmm......donuts.

9:31 PM

 
Blogger Andrea said...

That's awesome! I love to hear about you putting away the bad guys!

9:21 AM

 
Blogger littlehappyone said...

Wow, I am always amazed people will run from a cop that is built like you! I would so drop on my knees with my hands up in the air "yes sir...right away sir"...of course, I would never be in that spot (there was that one running a stop sign, cutting off a cop without a registration in my vehicle...but ya know..)
Anyway, keep the stories comin' and I am with Christine...you should write a book :)

12:15 PM

 
Blogger Tammie said...

My goodness I exhausted reading that! You deserve a break alright!! I am glad it was a good week for the Warrior!!!

9:38 PM

 
Blogger Sabrina said...

Mine wasn't quite that exciting! Wow, I was totally "there" in my imagination. Boy am I glad you are one of the good guys!

10:05 AM

 
Blogger Carpenters said...

Happy B-Day Popo!!!

I can't believe you didn't call me back

~Justin

9:58 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home