Have you ever wanted to go on a ride-a-long with a cop? Well, here's your chance! Jump in, buckle up and hold on as I take you through the daily grind of the life of a cop.

Sunday, June 04, 2006

I’m back everyone!

I took a little break from bloggin because I was pretty busy and I was out of town for a week. So here’s what I’ve been up to lately.....
Well most of you know that I got promoted to sergeant the other day so life is really good right about now. We had a big promotion ceremony where four new officers were sworn in, and then three of us were promoted, and then we had one officer retire after 33 years of service. It was pretty cool. And the best part was that my wife secretly had a bunch of my friends show up that have been a big support to me throughout the years. I didn’t even know they were there until I got up to get my new badge and when I looked out I saw everyone. It was pretty cool. She is such a sweetheart! I love that she is my biggest fan.
Jessica actually went on another ride-a-long with me the other day and we had a blast. We got to drive around for 10 hours and just hang out and talk and connect. She even got to meet a prostitute. She heard the call and said that she wanted to go see her so we drove up there and Jess got to say some nice things to her. She really wanted to pray for her but she was too chicken to ask! Actually, she really didn’t get the chance to but maybe next time. So we just kept driving around having fun looking for bad guys. And of course the whole day surrounded around food. That’s my sweetie! That girl literally eats more than I do. I just don’t get it. Moving on....
Last week I got to go to Oregon for CDU training, which is riot training, with about 10 of our officers and a total of about 60 officers from 6 different agencies. It was a total blast! We marched around a mock city practicing riot techniques on people. We used tear gas and smoke grenades and swung big sticks. We slept in military barracks during the week and had fun doing guy stuff in the evenings. Of course the week was surrounded by practical jokes and funny stories. My job in the unit is a team leader for the red squad which means that I have a number of guys on my team and we are part of a big giant team. We basically march around and look tough and wait for the green light to go in and restore order when needed. So that whole week was fun and exciting.
I’ll close with the story of the week. My guys were called to a local motel where the manager found a woman dead in the bathtub. Apparently she died in the tub which overflowed with water and leaked out into the hallway which got the attention of the manager. He went inside and found her and called 911. My guys go in and see her in the tub but don’t really want to disturb the scene for the detectives but they called for medics per policy anyway. Well just as the medics arrive, the woman sits up in the bathtub! Just like in a horror movie! I guess she wasn’t so dead after all. The real story was that she had wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too much to drink the night before and passed out in the tub while trying to take a bath. She’s lucky she didn’t drown! But she was still messed up from all the alcohol and had to go to the hospital anyway. Pretty crazy, huh?!

3 Comments:

Blogger Bloggin POPO said...

Yes they were military barracks, but newer ones with open bays. And checking for a pulse is a no brainer, at least you'd think! But I guess he didn't. Thanks for taking the time to read the posts. =)

10:54 PM

 
Blogger Andrea said...

Crazy! Sounds like you had fun! That's great!

9:48 AM

 
Blogger Evey said...

Congrats on the promotion, that is awesome.

Glad to hear you and Jessica had fun. I have always wanted to ride around in a cop car like that ever since I was little.

7:05 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home