Have you ever wanted to go on a ride-a-long with a cop? Well, here's your chance! Jump in, buckle up and hold on as I take you through the daily grind of the life of a cop.

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

From bad to worse for this guy!

Here is the wacky story of the year and as you read it just try and imagine being there watching this unfold and how truly crazy it is.
We received a 911 call that a shoplift just occurred where a man stole several ‘adult magazines’ from a convenience store and that the store owner was running after him. Fortunately we were just around the corner so as we pull into the lot we see the bad guy running with magazines in his hand and trying to shove them into his jacket with the store owner right behind him. The bad guy then runs to the neighboring business and bolts through the back door. As he barges inside with magazines in hand he is now standing in a room full of people staring right at him. There is this awkward moment of silence and rightfully so because he just ran into a funeral home and is standing right next to a coffin where the people were in the middle of a “viewing” of the dead loved one. No joke! Well the bad guy freaks out and runs through another door as he is being chased by the store owner, the police, and now the funeral home employees. Well the second door leads into yet another “viewing” where another group of people witness the same thing. The bad guy then flees out a side door and into traffic with magazines in hand while still being chased by the store owner, the police, and the funeral home employees. The bad guy is able to dart through traffic and around buildings and through an alley where he is caught by more officers near the train station. But by the time he is caught he has already shoved several pages in his socks and into his shoes. It was just weird!
So he gets taken to jail and was asked what he was thinking when he ran into the funeral home while being chased by so many people and he said he thought it was like an old fashioned “Keystone Cops episode.” I agree! And if you don't know what that is, it's old black and white footage of cops chasing bad guys in circles looking silly.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey John,

I am Jessica's friend from school and love reading your blog! That story is unbelievably funny! I guess no one can say your job is boring haha. I will be signing up for your defense class in August and I think I talked my mom into doing it as well. :)

oh I also wanted to say you should really think about sending in some of your stories to readers digest...or compiling a book of short stories about cops...you could make a ton of money off it I think. :)

Jenny

10:14 AM

 
Blogger Bloggin POPO said...

Thanks for reading the blog and I'm glad you like the stories. I just figured that since I see all the cool stuff I should share it with everyone else. And I'm glad you are taking the self defense class because it is a lot of fun. The date has changed to Jul 29th though. Call the Kent Commons for more info. I promise you will be glad you went. =)

10:46 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh I am glad you said that I had no idea it was so soon. I will try and sign up then. :) thanks John!

1:09 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home